The YANA YDOS virtual blood drive makes it both easy and convenient for you, your family, and your friends to donate.
Any Day during May, 2012. You pick both the time and place. Use the resources below to locate the nearest blood drive or blood bank. After you donate please remember to let us know using our online “Yale DOS Blood Drive Tracker“. We want your donation to be counted!
Each Time You Donate Blood You Can Save Three Lives
After your donation please go to our online “Yale DOS Blood Drive Tracker“. With just a few quick clicks you can let us know about your generous donation. This is our first year. Please help us achieve our goal of 200 donations during the month of May, 2012. Thanks!
Information For First Time Blood Donors
The total time (between your arrival and when you leave) averages 45 – 60 minutes for most donors.
Learn about eligibility requirements, what to eat/drink before you donate, medications, etc.
AYA Major Cities and Regions
Several regions where many Yale alumni live have a good system of blood donation centers and blood drives.
- Chicago: The LifeSource.org website can help you quickly locate daily blood drives and permanent donation centers near the windy city.
- New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley, and New Jersey: The New York Blood Center website can help you quickly locate daily blood drives and permanent donation centers in or near the Big Apple.
- San Francisco: The BloodHeroes.com website can help you quickly locate daily blood drives and permanent donation centers in the Bay Area.
For Other Cities
- The Red Cross has a blood drive locator (although it is occasionally slow).
- Most “academic” hospitals also have a blood donor facility.
- The search function was tested using several AYA “medium cities”.
For More Information or Questions
Please contact us at: YaleDayOfService@YaleNonprofit.Org (if possible please include your current yale.edu or aya.yale.edu email address).
Return to the Yale Day of Service 2012 Website
Click here (http://YaleDayOfService.org/node/1038)