YANA Roundtable on Program Effectiveness — 6:30-8:30pm
AT CAPACITY — PLEASE VISIT THE ROUNDTABLE PAGE NEXT WEEK FOR AN EVENT SUMMARY AND USEFUL TAKEAWAYS
Vivien Hoexter (http://www.vhoexterconsulting.com) will facilitate the meeting. The questions below will serve as the basis for the discussion to kick off the meeting:
a. For All Organizations
1) How does one align tracking with the organization’s mission?
2) How does one get beyond measuring process to measuring impact?
3) How does one go about collecting and tracking data? How does one choose a system for doing so?
4) How does one evaluate the data, once collected?
5) How important is it to form partnerships with universities to assist in program evaluation and research?
b. For Smaller Organizations
What should a smaller organization (with less than $5 million in annual budget) do to start or improve its program evaluation when it cannot devote a lot of time or energy to it?
Sudip Mukherjee will then provide a case study related to Queens Community House.
Michael Davidson will give examples of programs evaluations that work as well as cautions and he has given us the article SSIR Spring 2014: Programs Aren’t Everything to review.
Melinda Hunt will discuss responsive and effective communications related to impact, and suggests reviewing that article: SSIR Summer 2014: Lost in Translation.
There will be time for additional open discussion before the meeting closes.