Here are a few ways you can volunteer virtually
Ariva is looking for volunteer tax preparers for the 2021 tax season. From the safety and comfort of your own home, you can support families in the Bronx with free, virtual tax preparation.
- To keep volunteers and clients safe, Ariva is taking their volunteering 100% online! You can support families across New York City from the comfort of your home– and work on tax returns at your convenience.
- As a volunteer, you will receive tax preparer training, official certification through the IRS, free personal income tax preparation, college credit, and a new amazing community.
- On top of preparing taxes, volunteers can also do intakes (help with customer services) and data entry (the IRS requires us to take polls of all customers).
- Volunteers are required to pass a “volunteer state of conduct” test, an intake/interview, and a “quality review” test
- The training is self-paced and culminates in a 2-to-3-hour test. This preparation needs to happen in January, as Ariva is looking to have volunteers start the 1st week of February.
- Minimum volunteer commitment: 7 shifts throughout the tax season. Volunteers can choose from shifts available 7 days a week. Each shift is 3-6 hours.
- Contact: Ambernicole Misserello, Volunteer Coordinator
Dream Scholarship: Online Conversations
Would you like to volunteer to help eager students in Panama practice their English? The Dream Scholarship will link you with alumni and promising Dream Scholars for 40-minute English conversation online session.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world, from any device. Online volunteering is fast, easy – and most of all, effective. When skilled, passionate individuals join forces online with great organizations working toward sustainable development goals, everyone wins.
Learn how to transcribe! Become a Smithsonian Digital Volunteer and help us make historical documents and biodiversity data more accessible.
Translators without Borders depends on volunteers to translate millions of words, but also to help us run the organization. We work with volunteers who have all kinds of great skills – and many learn new skills that they can use in their jobs.
Eyeball It!® offers a real studio art education to children ages 7-13. Hands-on studio art cultivates children’s creative thinking, problem-solving, confidence in making real art on their own, and belief in the value of their own visual expression.
- Great content for kids (projects and drawing exercises) and for everyone to enjoy – including parents, teachers, youth service providers, librarians, all the grown-ups.
- Kids need art now more than ever. Eyeball It!® is individualized, scalable, available online, DIY for adults, and completely FREE.