Tuesday, September 19, 2017
3:00pm – 5:00pm
800 Third Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10022
|We are poised between accelerating physical disruptions that are truly terrifying, on one hand, and, on the other, advances towards solutions that are truly inspiring and promising. How should we communicate these two realities? What are our goals in talking about climate? What do we know, or think we know, about how the public will respond to different emotional tones in climate outreach and advocacy? What is required by journalistic ethics?
How, in telling the truth about climate change, do we balance fear and hope?
- Heidi Cullen, Chief Scientist, Climate Central, as moderator
- Michelle DePass, Dean, Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy; Tishman Professor of Environmental Policy and Management, The New School
- Ed Maibach, Director, Center for Climate Change Communication; Distinguished University Professor, George Mason University
- Eve Mosher, HighWaterLine; Liquid City; Lose/Loss/Lost
- David Wallace-Wells, New York Magazine
- Dan Zarrilli, Senior Director, Office of Climate Policy and Programs, and Chief Resilience Officer, New York City
Cohen & Gresser LLC