Hope to see you there!
Looking forward to seeing many of you on Wednesday, May 30!
Spotlight will feature Ted Smith ’00, Executive Director of New Heights, an educational nonprofit that uses the power of sports to engage promising inner-city youth to be leaders in high school, college, and life.
- Harlem Grown Urban Farm (June 9, 11:00am-2:00pm)
- Personal farm tour followed by seasonally-appropriate farm tasks
- Brownsville Partnership (July 21, 10:00am-12:00pm): Howard Playground beautification project in partnership with The Mission Continues followed by lunch & tour of Brownsville, Brooklyn
- GallopNYC: Ongoing volunteer opportunities in therapeutic horsemanship programs for children and adults with disabilities and special needs, including Veterans and at-risk youth
- Mosaic Preparatory Academy: Social Media/Publicity Strategist; Gardener; Literary Mentor; Afterschool Club Volunteers & Organizers; College Mentors
- Harlem Children’s Zone: Paid Part-Time Summer Evening Position: Community Pride Program Specialist/Service Learning Coordinator (college students and recent grads encouraged to apply)
- Breakthrough New York: Volunteers to interview 6th grade students and families applying to Class of 2028. Multiple dates for training and interviewing.
- The Bridal Garden (NYC): Volunteer Weekend Retail Positions
- West Side Campaign Against Hunger: M-F Volunteer Opportunities
May 30, 2018
Conference Dial In
New York Events
- Game-Changing Community Mobilization in Brownsville, Brooklyn, Recap, May 7th, Alison
- Yale Day of Service Recap, May 12th, Alison and Celia
- Yale Community Connect, a series of ongoing programs, Alison
- Yale in New York, July 17th, Grace
- YANA – Annual Reunion Presence
Interactive Session: Connecting and Collaborating through YANA
Next Meeting: June 27th – Spotlight will feature Kevin Jennings ’85 Harvard, a friend of YANA and President of the Tenement Museum, a nonprofit that preserves and interprets the history of immigration through the experience of those who settled in and built lives on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, America’s iconic immigrant neighborhood.